Info Center

......................................For further queries about Higher Education in USA you are welcome to contact me (Prem Santosh) at: premsantosh@gmail.com. I would be glad to assist in what ever way I can...........................................................Get reviews of the latest Mobile Phones and Computer Games Released......................................

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some Untold Tips about Windows

Here are some really interesting tricks in windows which are not banal....

(All of these work in windows 98, me. For windows xp one has to do some minor changes. If not able to interpret, can always ask me for help.)

1. Quick shutdown: Generally you have to move your mouse to the start button, click on it and then click shutdown. Yet again windows asks you whether to shutdown, logoff or go to standby mode. Well here's a method by which you can shutdown your windows in a click of your mouse.

Create a new shortcut in the desktop, then in the command line of the shortcut type:
c:\windows\rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindowsexec
(NOTE: The path might differ according to the drive which has windows.)

Now all you have to do is to click this shortcut to shutdown windows.

There are a lot more stuff I would like to share and explain but right now am a bit occupied, so excuse me for late postings.

P.S I would be really glad if the people who are reading this take just few more minutes to comment on the same.
Cheers and thanks!!!

1 comment:

Sekhar said...

useful info,dude....hope u come up with more such interesting windows tips...Cheers